Saturday, March 16, 2013

Full circle.

Last night my friends and I arranged a launching party for the book. We laid out books for sale and served some food and wine. I intended to give a presentation for about fifteen minutes, and have an interesting discussion before opening up the champagne. The evening grew into something much more profound. I started telling people how I began this journey. I told the story of my own expereince with the image of the Shroud of Turin in Paris, and how it followed me to the crypt in Provence where we found her relic. I talked about the rituals she performed to send initiates on the journey of Osiris, and how she brought Jesus back after the crucifixion uniting his spirit with his body, another intimate moment between the two. People asked good questions and wanted to know more about their three children, his travels in India and where they went after the resurrection. I told them the story I found in my research, confirmed when I put my own feet down on stone in Egypt and France, and listened to the sounds of their footprints. The relic from Provence has been on tour in Chicago. I went to see it, to touch the glass case that held her bone. After I visited France in 2007, and since devoted seven years to write a book about her life, the relic of Mary Magdalene came here to visit me. In humble gratitude, Namaste. The spark of God in me recognizes the spark of God in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment